- This event has passed.
‘PLAN B’ TOUR (In place of the Canning Stock Route)
June 4 - June 27$5000
***We have decided to postpone the Canning Stock Route Tour until 2023 as we have still had no word as to whether it will re-open this year, so we have come up with a ‘PLAN B’ tour, equally remote and full of adventure, ticking off many bucket list destinations! FILLING FAST!!
Here’s a taste of what we’ll be doing…..
- We head off from Yulara, picking up some dirt tracks before heading south to Glendambo where we head west driving alongside the Trans Continental Railway line…you’ll be in awe at the sheer size of the trains that pass us by!
- Visit now derelict fettler towns along the way, and an historic Gold mining area with the old race course still visible.
- Navigate the remote Googs track which many people say is very similar to the Simpson, but make up your own mind while we traverse the many dunes and rocky sections through the mallee scrub.
- A bit of R and R at the beautiful Streaky Bay, then we’ll hug the coast all the way to Coffin Bay NP, taking in the breathtaking views, and with luck we may spot the sea lions lounging at the only mainland colony.
- After a few days of beach combing, eating beautiful Coffin Bay seafood or trying your own hand at fishing, it’s time to head outback again and straight into the Gawler ranges. Old stone buildings and remote rugged landscapes are awaiting us here, with a stop in at an old favourite of mine, Mt Ive station.
- We’ll visit the striking Lake Gairdner where the land speed records used to be set, and we’ll have a look at the museum in Woomera, full of fascinating relics from Australia’s rocket history.
- Next we take a slight detour to the Lake Eyre lookout where you should get to see the water in the lake.
- It’s then up some great tracks that will bring us out at Arkaroola and what a place this is! Perhaps take a scenic flight, soak in the stars at the observatory, or just chill out at the restaurant.
- On our way further south I’ll show you some truly beautiful indigenous art at the end of a stunning gorge in the Flinders Ranges.
- Our time together is almost done, but before we part I’ll take you on the regions highest self drive 4WD track, before a great final night around the camp fire at Willow Springs.
Sometimes Plan B is just as good as Plan A and this time we won’t disappoint!
If this whets your appetite, give Adam a call on 0408780072 for more information.